Open PS2 Loader (OPL)
is an application designed to allow you to play your PS2 games from an
Internal HDD, a
connected USB device or a networked PC from either a PS2 console or a
PS3 console that supports PS2 Backwards Compatibility. PS3 doesnt
support Internal HDD for PS2 games.
You will need to use specialized software designed to install those
games to your devices which you can backup right from your game discs
ISO's stored on your PC. Use the NavBar above to find information on
formatting, game installation, compatibility and more.
A new GUI has been implimented with many new options and features, so
older OPL version configurations will not be compatible with OPL v0.8.
Version 0.8 -
- Many new game compatibility fixes
- Added loading support for ISO format (SMB and USB)
- Improved NAS support for more devices
- Secure authentication for the SMB module (to enable security and write access)
- Various improvements to Network support (NBSS keep-alive, small ingame speed-up)
- Added ELF Loader to launch other Apps
- Added compatibility for new external USB HDD with
1k/2k/4k cluster file
- Added full compatibility for old PS2 consoles (10k
GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- Supports Cover Art
- Fully Customizable Theme support
- Support to Load/Save OPL configurations from multiple
devices (USB and HDD)
- Added VMC (Virtual Memory Card) support
- Added HDL Server for HDD game installation over
- Added "rename" and "delete" functionalities for games
- childproof mode (prevents
configuration change from being made)
- Added ability to refresh game lists
Boot the OPS2LD.ELF from any homebrew ELF Launching app like Free
McBoot or uLaunchELF. Visit the forums for more info on ELF
You need to have a retail SwapMagic 3.6+ or 3.8 disc. (currently there
is no other option available)
The steps for loading Open PS2 Loader :
1. Rename OPS2LD.ELF to SMBOOT0.ELF
2. Make a folder in the root of a USB device, name it
SWAPMAGIC and copy the SMBOOT0.ELF into it.
3. Launch SwapMagic in your PS3 and press UP+L1, then
Open PS2 Loader should start.
SwapMagic has 4 options to run an ELF file, so you can use
any of them if you have other ELFs your also using with SwapMagic.
- SMBOOT0.ELF = UP + L1
- SMBOOT1.ELF = UP + L2
- SMBOOT2.ELF = UP + R1
- SMBOOT3.ELF = UP + R2